- Operations: Oversee, be responsible for & engage in the Ocean Freight departmental operational handling as per the department, country, customer, & overseas stations
- SOP`s & KPI`s where available. Ensure all new business is implemented effectively and correctly to customer requirements. Ensure our Vietnam local Hanoi/ Haiphong Ocean.
- Freight SOP is kept up to date and all staffs follow it.
- Responsible for productivity KPI.
- Updates: Responsible that all staff have all my company, regional & local operational handling updates as available.
- Pricing & Tender support: Make sure to meet the deadline of all tenders/ RFQ`s, inquiries from Sales/clients; Make sure best price gained.
- Maintain Customer "retention" Contact: Occasional customer visits are required to ensure their satisfaction level is high. This includes nominated shippers & suppliers.
- New business sales calls should be made in conjunction with the Ocean BDM and or sales staff.
- Carrier relations & procurement: Carrier relationship meetings should be a regular agenda. Ensuring space, equipment, rates & services are maintained to my company requirements & needs. The Ocean Freight Manager for North Vietnam is the prime contact for all ocean freight providers in that region, and is responsible to negotiate locally (in particular with non-preferred carriers).
- Reporting: Various reports, weekly & monthly as required by the Head of Ocean Freight.
- Accounting: Responsible to ensure the Ocean department accounts in Hanoi & Haiphong are done on time, as per company regulations, ensuring accuracy, and file profitability. In particular, full adherence to the month end closing procedures.
- Haiphong Branch: Responsible to ensure the smooth function of Haiphong branch in all aspects as with Hanoi department, in association with the Haiphong office manager.
- Regular visits (at least monthly) required.
- People Management: To keep the team motivated & focused. Intermediate in internal conflicts. Arrange job assignment to all staffs which is suitable to their ability & knowledge. Training staff on how to handle our business & how to solve problems.
- Market Updates: Stay up to date and aware of local Ocean Freight market, support Ocean Freight market reports.
- Legal/ Compliance: Responsible that all staffs are handling all our business in a compliant way according to global and local regulations, that my company local & global regulations and SOP`s are strictly followed.
Yêu cầu công việc
- Forwarding and Logistics background.
- Very good knowledge of ocean import and ocean export rules & regulations in Vietnam.
- Customer Orientation.
- Thorough understanding of both FCL and LCL business.
- Able to understand team feelings & behaviors (Patience & Heartiness).
- Management skills.
- Collaboration & co-operation.
- Enrich knowledge, Good natured, honesty & reliable.
Thông tin khác
Đại học trở lên
25 - 38
Giờ hành chính
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience.
- University Degree.
- Experience in the same industry.